re: dom verifier

> firespring@nfx.net (broken or bogus email address) wrote:

	[DJW:]  As all attempts to contact you directly
	result in false accusations of spamming, I'm making
	this reply to your off topic question on list...

> I hope you are aware that the DOMs used by most
> web sites are not specified by W3C, but rather
> by each individual browser developer, albeit
> with Microsoft trying to implement NS4's model
> as a subset of the IE5 model.
>
> Current, in the field browsers used DOM0.  DOM1 is
> the first one specified by W3C and does not contain
> features like document.write that are endemic in the
> field.
>
> Generally, if you want portability, start from the
> Netscape Javascript Reference and ignore layers.
	[DJW:]
	Attempts to mail you directly and to mail
	your postmaster from my office address resulted
	in "we do not accept mail from spammers" bounces,
	as did an attempt contact your Postmaster from my
	home account (which has a dedicated IP address which
	has never even been relay hijacked).  Asking an
	off topic question implicitly requests direct email