whitespace when using display:none

From: <steve_george@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:22:26 -0500 (EST)
To: www-style@w3.org

Hi, haven't been able to find anything in the archives so here is my
question.. I am
experimenting with using display:none to hide rows of a table by adding
CLASS= tags to the <TR>s. In one case, the table that I am hiding rows
within has a blue background. The rows get hidden just fine according the
definitions in the stylesheet but in Netscape 4+ the hidden rows are
replaced with thin white lines across the table which obviously looks
terrible as is breaks up the blue background.

IE doesn't exhibit this behaviour.

I'm new to stylesheets so please be gentle with me. Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve.

Steve George
Blueroom New Media Developer,
e-business Innovation Centre, Hursley -  Mail Point 193,
Int: 246793 ext: 01962 816793 e-mail: steve_george@uk.ibm.com