Re: W3C Selectors

From: Daniel Glazman <glazman@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:21:34 +0100
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: www-style@w3.org
Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> 6.5
>
> "[...] Of course, elements in XML 1.0 documents without a DTD do not
> have IDs at all."
>
> Unless using an internal subset.

Can you please explain you point ?

> 6.6.6
>
> I'd suggest adding a warning, that the selector may match even if you
> don't want it to, like
>
> 	ul:contains('chief')
>
> matches to
>
> 	<ul>
> 	  <li>... the greek letter chi</li>
> 	  <li>effective...</li>
> 	</ul>

woooof. very very good point.... In fact, such a selector should match
text over multiple block-level elements, but I guess it is not something
we can specify easily. I mean it is hard to make the selector depend on the
value of the 'display' property... Hmm. I am going to push this issue to
the WG. Thanks a lot, Björn.

</Daniel>