Re: New draft: css3-selectors

From: Robin Berjon <robin@knowscape.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 17:16:09 +0100
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
At 16:32 02/02/2001 +0100, Chris Lilley wrote:
>Robin Berjon wrote:
>> Just a small detail. The .class notation is said to be only applicable to
>> HTML.
>
>That is incorrect (and I thought we fixed that in the CSS2 eratta already).
>There are several XML namespaces where .class is used.

That's fine, but my question was perhaps of a more generic nature. Specific
XML vocabularies are of course entitled to decide that they have an
attribute functionally equivalent to HTML's class so that specialized
processors will know that they must apply .classes. However, in the case of
a generic XML+CSS browser, would it be correct/a good idea/recommendable to
apply a given style to an element if it had a xhtml:class='class' attribute ?

-- robin b.
Designing pages in HTML is like having sex in a bathtub. If you don't know
anything about sex, it won't do you any good to know a lot about bathtubs.