From: "Patricia Ballad" <PBALLAD@tuc.com>
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Subject: Re: New draft: css3-selectors
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 10:38:35 -0600

Just a quick note - Sure, giving all of us developers one more thing to
learn isn't necessarily going to make anybody popular, but it seems
self-defeating to cling to an old standby when developing something new
would make more sense - If we weren't willing to learn a new language if the
need arose, we'd all be sitting around writing our web applications in
{SHUDDER} Assembler......<insert standard disclaimer to all those Assembler
fans out there>

Tricia

--Other Original Message
Just from a chronological point of view, I would like to remind you that
XPath and XQuery chose a selection language completely different from
CSS, *not* the contrary.

CSS was a level 2 Recommendation when XPath not even a draft.