CSS boxes

From: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:16:21 +0200
To: <www-style@w3.org>

[DJW:]  Yes, but note that strict version of HTML force an
explicit block level element.

Hello again

What exactly do you mean by excplicit block level element, do you mean that

Some text<b>some more text</b>

is not valid strict HTML ??

// Original post
Hello,

I'm trying to write an HTML renderer and I have a question:

the CSS specs say that in

Some text

since the body contains at least one block element, it only creates children
blocks, so an anynomous block is created for Some text.

In a case like this:

Some text<b>some more text</b>

Should I create an anynomous block for "Some text<b>some more text</b>"

thanks,