RE: problem with css-positioning

Both you and Ian are right. Ian's way is correct and according to spec,
although current implementation in IE does not support the rule.
Actually, the body is always of {width:100%;height:100%;} in IE. In
practice, Ian's rule works perfectly in Mozilla while it *seems* to be
working perfectly in IE (I have IE6b). An interesting difference in
rendering between the two browsers occurs when you add something like
the following in Ian's code:

border:1px solid red;

IE shows the border at the inner edge of the window, while Mozilla seems
to apply margins. Weird...

Now, if we continue the test by giving some content to the body
(something that needs more than one screen to display itself, I pasted
the XPath spec) E renders it as if the body had {overflow:scroll;} while
Mozilla renders it as if the body had {overflow : visible;}, the body is
as in the previous state (with the border and "margin") and without
scrolling. The body content occupies larger space than the body itself,
yet is visible until it reaches the window inner edges.

I am more confused than two minutes ago...

Kindest regards,
Manos