Re: problem with css-positioning

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 01:55:02 -0700
To: "www-style" <www-style@w3.org>
>Already possible:
>
>   body { position: fixed; top: 0; left: 0; bottom: 0; right: 0; }

I know that doesn't work in current implementation. If you have more text
than can fit in the browser window, the BODY expands to fit the full height
of the text. I recall reading somewhere in the spec (I appologize I don't
remember where) that this is the proper behavior.

The idea is that setting the height or width to "window" (or something
similar... I'm not hung up on the exact word) makes it so that the root
element does _not_ expand with the height or width of its contents.

Thanks, though. I do apreciate the response.

Daniel