Re: New CSS utility: SelectORacle

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Jan Roland Eriksson wrote:

> The input of...
>
>    http://css.nu/includes/basic-rules.css
>
> ...produces...
>
>  "An invalid URL was specified.  Please try again."
>
> Maybe you want to "try again" ? :)

   When you scroll down further, it reveals that the actual error tripped was
"Invalid content type."  I checked and your file does appear to be coming as
text/css.  Are you sending relatively unusual HTTP/1.1 headers, or anything
else which most Web servers don't send, along with your stylesheets?  This
error is really weird, because the oracle will load other external stylesheets
I've tried, including the W3C Core stylesheets that are script-generated; and
so far as I can see, there isn't a reason to throw an invalid content type
error.
   Which reminds me, we really ought to create better error reporting.  That
particular feature got dropped from the initial release due to timing
constraints.  (Wow, I sound like a browser vendor.)

--
Eric A. Meyer                          http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/
 Author, "CSS: The Definitive Guide"   http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/css/