Re: New CSS working draft: media queries

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:33:13 +0200
To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
CC: bert@w3.org, www-style@w3.org

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> At 11:35 AM 4/7/01 -0400, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> >Is there some reason that the document constantly references HTML 4 and CSS 2?
>
> While I'm at it, I might as well point out that Associating Style Sheets
> with XML Documents also supports the media identifier:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/

And does so by referencing HTML 4 for the details. You are right, in
general there is way too much tendency to associate CSS with HTML (and XSL
with XML, generally to make HTML 'for display') but in this instance, the
draft references media types in HTML 4 and CSS2 because those are the
defining documents. XHTML 1.0, and XML stylesheets PI spec, both refer to
the defining documents.

--
Chris (Lilley)