Re: Is there a way...

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:02:08 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
To: Daniel Glazman <glazman@netscape.com>
cc: <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Underscores were previously forbidden in all CSS identifiers, so allowing
> them now does not break any existing practice and I hardly see any reason
> to complain about it.

The only reason I, personally, would complain, is that for the last two
years I've been telling people that their CSS is invalid, marking bugs
invalid, and telling other people to mark bugs invalid, because authors
used underscores and saw them working in IE but not Mozilla. Had we
instead been able to fix the problem when this was decided, two years ago,
we would have saved a lot of time and a lot of egos.

--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'