NEW IE box model

From: Manos Batsis <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:31:46 +0300
To: www-style@w3.org

The new IE box model
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/css/overview/cssenhancements.asp ,
does not include border and padding in the box width. Although this change
is compliant with CSS1, I really liked the previous implementation better,
while I think that the specs where going to change (in other words, I
remember a thread but not exactly what the outcome was) and include borders
and padding in the "width".
What are the plans on this subject?

Manos

"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is not
the reason we are doing it." -- R. Feynman