Re: I would love...

From: Matthew Brealey <webmaster@richinstyle.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2000 14:08:36 -0000
To: www-style@w3.org
You wrote:

> >> Check CSS3 proposals again.
> >
> > Which one?
>
> Sorry, I thought it was obvious that since we were talking
> about the UI, I was referring to the UI draft.
>
> > Please be specific.
>
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css3-userint-20000216.html#color

Yes. But that says border-style takes its value from the UI. And
border: windowborder wouldn't work for:

http://kde.themes.org/php/pic.phtml?src=themes/kde/shots/943815508.jpg

or
http://kde.themes.org/php/pic.phtml?src=themes/kde/shots/940609412.jpg

for example, because "'border-style' are still given values taken from
the system", but border-style doesn't allow images.

> >> although David Baron and I have proposed ::inside and
> >> ::outside to make this easier (see archives).
> >
> > Yes, although it was :inside and :outside, rather than the slightly
> > pointless and confusing ::inside.
>
> Reread the selectors draft proposal. Pseudo-elements now have two colons
> to separate them from pseudo-classes in extensible implementations thus
> allowing for more efficient rule matching.

I've read it. The point was that you/David proposed one colon, whereas
the current proposal uses two, which you used here.

> > Please be specific.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css3-selectors-20001005/#pseudo-elements

I didn't ask you to be specific about that....

PS. Removed erroneous reply-by. Sorry. [Was making Outlook all red.]