Re: I would love...

On 16 Oct 2000, Matthew Brealey wrote:
>>> Skinnable UIs, such as that of KDE (http://www.kde.org) require effects
>>> more advanced than those that CSS can currently produce. For instance,
>>> graphical window decorations are need to do UI borders, but CSS doesn't
>>> support support anything but plain styles.
>>
>> Check CSS3 proposals again.
>
> Which one?

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that since we were talking about the UI, I
was referring to the UI draft.

   http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css3-userint-20000216.html#color

>> although David Baron and I have proposed ::inside and
>> ::outside to make this easier (see archives).
>
> Yes, although it was :inside and :outside, rather than the slightly
> pointless and confusing ::inside.

Reread the selectors draft proposal. Pseudo-elements now have two colons
to separate them from pseudo-classes in extensible implementations thus
allowing for more efficient rule matching.

   http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css3-selectors-20001005/#pseudo-elements

>> But the Personal web server didnt display
>> the PHP-items.
>
> You need to change the settings so that .php files are opened with
> php.exe. Do it in the PWS settings. (Or, better, don't and put PHP
> Triad on instead.)
>
> PS Don't cross-post.

Eh? I didn't write that...

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'