Re: I would love...

From: Clover Andrew <aclover@1VALUE.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:11:39 +0200
To: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
> At this moment (edge effects is what i want it for
> too) the only choice is to have nested tables, making
> rendering slow

I don't know if it'd do what you're looking for, but I'd really
like to see:

  border-image: url(/i/border.gif)

(With the obvious consequent changes to border, border-left,
border-left-image and so on.)

I'd then like to see attributes like border-top-left, which could
be 'join' for an angled join between the two side borders as it
is at the moment, or a colour or image spec to draw something else
over that corner.

Then I could get rid of those tables used only for borders.
Which would be nice.

--
Andrew Clover
Technical Support