Re: Ideas for the ACSS module of CSS3

From: Ian Hickson <ianh@netscape.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 07:06:00 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
To: Robin Berjon <robin@knowscape.com>
cc: Sean Palmer <wapdesign@wapdesign.org.uk>, www-style@w3.org
On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> What I wrote did exactly what you asked for. The 'color' and 'volumne'
>> properties will never be supported by the same medium/UA combination
>> anyway
>
> How about TV displays (or anything that does both audio and video) ?

"same medium/UA combination". Since audio and video are _different_ media,
they are clearly not a "same medium/UA combination".

As currently specified, there is no way a browser could concurently render
a document using CSS both visually and aurally without doing so in a
completely independent fashion.

This may or may not be a deficiency in the spec. It could be argued that
for that kind of document SMIL would be more appropriate.

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'