ms ie 5 font size and dpi setting

From: Mark Andrew Nassy <nassy@crosswinds.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:19:48 -0400
To: <www-style@w3.org>
on 10/13/00 8:17 AM, Ian Hickson at ianh@netscape.com wrote:

> See, for example:

> http://www.bath.ac.uk/%7Esu8buncs/

I visited the above listed web site with mac ms ie 5. My dpi setting was at
96dpi and the default font size was 16. The text on the page was too tiny to
read. In order to be able to view the text I would have to:
(1) disable style sheet support, or
(2) increase the default font size above 16, or
(3) increase the text zoom to 150% - 200%.

When I view the page with mozilla I observered no difference at the 72dpi or
96dpi settings. No adjustments were necessary.

This appears to be similar to a problem I had in the past viewing pages with
a 72dpi setting. I thought that switching to 96dpi would have resolved that
problem. Any ideas about what could account for the problem in ms ie 5 for
the mac.

--
Mark Andrew Nassy,
<URI:mailto:nassy@crosswinds.net>