Font bug in IE 5.5

From: <pdf@bizfon.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:32:22 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

I apologize in advance for posting this to the list, but I don't know where to
look for info on this.

IE 5.5 seems to display fonts as symbols in some cases.  The case I saw had a
span using an ID and the ID had this style:

font-family: serif,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;

I looked on Microsoft's site for some sort of patch to fix this, but searches
returned nothing.  Does anyone know where I can find more information on this
bug?

Thanks,
Pete