Re: Behavior, scripts, CSS (completely off topic, just correcting a misunderstanding...)

From: Ian Hickson <ianh@netscape.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 11:08:18 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
To: Matthew Brealey <webmaster@richinstyle.com>
cc: www-style@w3.org
On 4 Oct 2000, Matthew Brealey wrote:
>> I would expect that a final release of a Mac product would address such
>> issues, which might not be worth addressing until that point.
>
> You are remarkably prescient. I just downloaded the PR3, and it\'s
> 2500 files smaller than current Mozilla (still 500 files though with
> Live3d, Java etc). However, this sucks because it\'s less power to the
> user; before it was easy to edit the skins, but now they\'re locked up
> in .jars.

Saying the files are "locked up" is a little ignorant, given that there
has been ample explanation in the mozilla.org community on the simple
steps required to unpackage the jars and run without them. (Hint: You need
an unzipping tool and a text editor.)

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'