Re: Translucency in CSS2/3: Opacity?

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 15:15:42 +0100
To: Batsis Manolis <xcircuit@yahoo.com>
CC: Dylan Schiemann <dylans@yahoo.com>, www-style@w3.org

Batsis Manolis wrote:

> Unfortunately i can't get the page to load. Any
> suggestions?

Works for me. However, you should now look atthe (substantially identical)

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20001102/masking.html#ObjectAndGroupOpacityProperties

> > Also, Mozilla has implemented -moz-opacity  based on
> > the SVG opacity.  However, there is still the, as
> > far
> > as I know, undecided issue of how z-index and
> > opacity
> > work together.

Yes, because the opacity is a group property, applying to the entirety of
the rendering of a particular group. This has problems if the z-order is
interleaved with other groups, although the concept of stacking index is
likely to prove helpful here.

--
Chris