Re: run-in the middle of a block

From: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 21:09:16 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
That does make a lot more sense. :) Sorry for the inane question.

(Recap) So with

<P> Section 1: Here is some text. <SPAN style="display:
run-in">run-in</SPAN> Section 2: Here's the rest of the paragraph.</P>

We get this:

,----------------------------------.
|Section 1: Here is some text.     |
`----------------------------------'
,----------------------------------.
|run-in                            |
`----------------------------------'
,----------------------------------.
|Section 2: Here's the rest of the |
|paragraph.                        |
`----------------------------------'

That's just fine, but it's not really a run-in. *Current definitions
aside*, wouldn't this better reflect the purpose of a run-in display?

,----------------------------------.
|Section 1: Here is some text.     |
`----------------------------------'
|[run-in] Section 2: Here's the    |
|rest of the paragraph.            |

    Here the run-in becomes the first inline of the following block.
    The block just happens to be the anonymous block created as a
    result of the run-in.

Changing a run-in to a block before an inline probably has /some/ reason
behind it, but I can't think of any (or find any, for that matter--I did
run a search on this list).