Re: BeCSS

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:51:02 -0400 (EDT)
To: webmaster@richinstyle.com, www-style@w3.org
On Tue, 02 May 2000 15:02:29 -0700, Matthew Brealey
(webmaster@richinstyle.com) wrote:

> 2. For activatable elements, the :active period is not the same as the
> CSS definition of :active in most UAs. For example, once buttons have
> been 'pressed', they should have an outline. This persists until any

This outline could be considered to be present because the elements
match :focus.  I think MSIE for Windows interprets :active as the same
as :focus (although it doesn't implement :focus, I don't think).
However, the Netscape meaning of :active (matches while the element is
*being* activated) differs from :focus, and Mozilla/NS6 implements the
outlines as coming from :focus (which makes sense to me, especially
when tabbing through links / forms).

-David

L. David Baron    Sophomore, Harvard (Physics)    dbaron@fas.harvard.edu
Links, SatPix, CSS, etc.     <URL: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/ >