Re: MacIE 5.0 CSS bug

From: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:43:08 -0800
To: MacIE-Talk@lists.boingo.com
Cc: www-style@w3.org
I wrote:

>>What's up?
>
>Move the :hover rule after the :visited rule.
>
>good thing :hover is in CSS-2, else MS couldn't claim 100% CSS-1
>compliance. <g>

I was wrong - this isn't a MacIE5 CSS-2 bug. I was thinking of the
other CSS-2 link bug wherein anchors in elements with position:fixed
fail to show state - not even the right cursor. <g>

MacIE5 really does have a first-class CSS-1 implementation. As Tantek
pointed out in private mail a few weeks ago, we have indeed come a
long way from the glitter-encrusted weathervane model of standards
implementation:
<http://www19.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/msg08318.html>

go MacIE team!

--