MacIE 5.0 ships with full CSS-1 support (was Re: CSS and namespaces?)

>From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
>Date: Mon, Mar 20, 2000, 9:44 AM

<snip>
> Amazing how CSS development has slowed down (publicly, anyway) for the last
> six months.

That's because a lot of us have been busy implementing the current standards.

I am very happy to announce that we have shipped Internet Explorer 5.0
Macintosh Edition, which fully implements a number of web standards:
 - CSS-1
 - HTML4
 - PNG 1.0
 - ECMA 262
 - DOM 1.0 HTML

in addition, it is probably of interest to this list that among our additional
standards support, we have implemented a few CSS-2 features as well:
 - CSS-2 Selectors(except for attribute selectors)
 - CSS-2 Positioning(position,top,right,bottom,left,visibility,overflow,clip)
 - CSS-2 System Fonts, Colors and Cursors (except the <uri> cursors)

Aside from our support of numerous web standards, there are also significant
user interface improvements and brand new end user features such as Auction
Manager, Internet Scrapbook, Customizable Toolbars, etc. etc.

Download it and check it out for yourself.

 http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/

Regards,

Tantek Çelik                                           tantek@cs.stanford.edu
Tasman Dev Lead                                         tantekc@microsoft.com