Re: Visual effects errata

From: Matthew Brealey <webmaster@richinstyle.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:46:44 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
I wrote:
> the containing block of the inner DIV is the root element (there is a
> very serious error/problem here, incidentally)

but then failed to explain what that error or problem was!

The problem is that the content edge of the root element is certainly
not, for HTML elements, what we want. It is actually the content edge of
BODY. If the statement here was to be actually implemented, millions (?)
of pages would be broken.