Re: CSS2 & background : video possible?

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:51:45 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
To: Teemu Ropponen <troppone@tcm.hut.fi>
Cc: www-style@w3c.org
Also sprach Teemu Ropponen:

 > Section 14.2. of the CSS2 spec introduces the possibilty of using a color
 > or image as the background of an element. In some of our research
 > interests (e.g., digital tv) we'd like a background video (or sound). If
 > we have a user agent that could handle such bg-video, would a style sheet
 > that exploits this feature be in violation of the spec ??
 >
 > ( i.e. BODY { background: white url("video.mpg") }

CSS makes no specific restictions or demands wrt. this. Your style
sheet above is therefore valid, but you can not -- with the spec in
hand -- demand that implementors support it.

Cheers,

-h&kon

Chief Technology Officer                                Opera Software
Håkon Wium Lie                     http://www.opera.com/people/howcome
howcome@opera.com                                gets you there faster