CSS precedence

From: fyodor checkov <suffolkuniversity@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:11:18 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-style@w3.org

I recently took an exam, and while I got the question correct I was
wondering if the test "givers" have things backwards.

What is the order of precedence between the types of styles (from lowest to

1) embedded, linked, inline
2) linked, inline, embedded
3) inline, embedded, linked
4) embedded, inline, linked

...my contention is that I thought order of precedence starting with lowest
is Linked then embeded then inline. Not as they have it listed in the "third
choice" of precedence being first Inline, embedded, linked.

Linked styles are overridden by embedded styles and embedded styles are
overpowerd by inline styles.

So isn't the order of Precedence the opposite of the third choice that they
have listed?

And of course hello and thanks!