Re: Giving a class the same values as another class

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 00:17:13 +0200
To: pdf@bizfon.com
CC: www-style@w3.org

pdf@bizfon.com wrote:

> Excellent!  That was exactly what I wanted to know.  Do you know if there are
> any UA limitations to this implementation (for example, will this method work
> properly in both IE and Netscape)?

Dependent on version and platform the answer is yes, no,and kinda.

> Also, do you know where I could find this in
> the CSS specs?

Not in the CSS specs, but in the specs that define a class attribute:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#adef-class
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-MathML/appendixA.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/styling.html#ClassAttribute

for example.