Re: Inline formatting model document

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Matthew Brealey wrote:
> I have tested Mozilla's t-decoration exhaustively. It is the best
> implementation of text-decoration available,

Actually, Opera's is very good too -- possibly better in the recent debug
builds I've seen, although I have not been looking very closely. I know
that neither Opera not Mozilla currently underline images as they should.
See:
   http://www.bath.ac.uk/%7Epy8ieh/m/underline-img.html
   http://www.bath.ac.uk/%7Epy8ieh/internet/eviltests/underline.html

Mozilla bugs have been filed, I will be reporting Opera's bugs shortly.

> and can be used of reference purposes. However, it has one bug - it
> inherits text-decoration to block descendants whereas it only should
> inherit to inline ones.

It should never inherit. It should, however, affect all inline
descendants, even if there are blocks in between (e.g., if the <body>
element in HTML is set to underline, then all text in the document will
be underlines, even though there will probably be several blocks in
between the body and the inline elements). Do you have a simple test case
on the web which demonstrates what you mean?

--
http://www.bath.ac.uk/%7Epy8ieh/        `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)