Re: Inline formatting model document

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 07:23:13 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
Also sprach Eric A. Meyer:

 >     All right, the CSS&FP Working Group has discussed the workings of
 > the inline formatting model, and I've written up a description of
 > their position on how things are supposed to work.  The document can
 > be found at:
 >
 >       <URL:http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/inline-format.html>

Opera 4 technology preview's rendering is available from:

  http://www.opera.com/people/howcome/2000/inline-hades/render.gif

It seems very similar to -- almost to the pixel -- the proposed
reference rendering:

  http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/inline-test-1-gecko.gif

Kudos to the Gecko team!

I suggest using pixel units and setting a generic font family when the
test moves into a test suite. I suspect the small differences we are
seeing are due to font metrics and/or pt-px roundoff errors.

-h&kon

Håkon Wium Lie                     http://www.opera.com/people/howcome
howcome@opera.com                                gets you there faster