Re: styling RDF

JOrendorff@ixl.com writes:
> How should I go about styling RDF, or styling XML using
> information that is in RDF?
>
> RDF is quite good for, say, biblographical information.
> But there are many ways to express the same RDF model
> in XML.  I can't write a general XSLT stylesheet that will,
> say, translate an RDF description of a set of books into
> a printable HTML 4 bibliography.  There are too many
> possible ways for the RDF to be "spelled" in XML.
>
> I could write some extension functions [1] for an XSLT
> processor such as XT [2].  This might be hard.
>
> Is there a better way to do this now?  Is anyone else
> pursuing RDF presentation?  Are related specs under
> development?  Thanks.

As you noticed, this is quite hard to do with a generic XML
transformation system, like XSL. But with a parser that knows RDF it
should be easier. One route you might try is to use Perl with an RDF
module to parse the RDF and write it out as HTML.

Try, e.g., http://www.pro-solutions.com/download/

Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/INRIA