Re: UI WD

--- Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
> As we move into a better world in which compliance to spec is the rule
> rather than the exception ;-)

The fact is that neither Netscape nor Internet Explorer will ever fully
comply with the spec - as long as there are millions of pages with CSS
like this:
#menu0hider {position:absolute; left:5; top:295; z-index:201;
visibility:visible; width:92px;}
, neither Netscape nor Microsoft will release a compliant browser.

> PS
> I see you post from "thelawnet"; to take a legal analogy, accepting a
> plea
> for changing the law on the basis of each single non-compliance would
> result in no-one every being convicted, and the law changing with every
> case that was tried, and new criminals being created with every change.

If I find a competition for best piece of sophistry, I'll have to enter
this - it really is one of the most specious arguments I have ever heard.

=====