Re: monochrome

From: Garth Wallace <gwallace@usc.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 14:31:59 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
www-style-request@w3.org wrote:

> I think it would be good to have monochrome and color print and screen
> media. Just one example, off the top of my head:
>
> dfn{color:black;background-color:#ffa;font-style:normal}
> in the color-screen and color-print media and
> dfn{font-style:italic}
> in the monochrome-print and monoschrome-screen medium.

I like this idea. Simple, clear, and useful.

Pocket organizers and palmtop devices tend to be
monochrome. Printers can also be B&W, for example
in a school computer lab or library (both of which
might want to cut costs on ink)

--
"It is a singular fact that the Great Pyramid always predicts the
history of the world accurately up to the date of publication of the