RE: Relative colors in CSS?

From: Manos M. Batsis <manosb@profile.gr>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:53:00 +0200
To: "Ben Morris" <bmorris@activematter.com>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

"The only legitimate reason (that i can think of) to let a user alter a page
style is for special needs, such as colorblindness or poor eyesight."

Actually, with too many people trying to download huge pages for their 56 or even 28k, the
following difference appears in the site I'm building right now:

1) User loads first page of site (home.html: 9k, home.css:9k, images through css code: 15k
TOTAL: 33k)
2 User changes area (newArea.html: 7k,new.css:9k, images through css code: 15k, TOTAL:31k)

Now in a case where Miki's thoughts where a reality and my images where designed smart
enough the second step would be:

 newArea.html: 7k, images through css code: 5k, TOTAL:12k

 So, the most important part in this discussion for me (and I have to admit my code is a
mess exactly for the same reason ) is speed. And to tell you the truth, it's also the
reason I'm getting paid ;-)

 Manos