At 15:07 15/12/2000 -0500, Beth Skwarecki wrote:
>> SSI would lose you some performance, for no good reason in this case. Imho
>> <link> is cleaner, better bandwidth-wise, and also has the advantage that
>> it won't interfere with the validity of your (x)html code. With an external
>> style sheet you don't have to escape < and friends.
>
>The time it takes to insert an include is negligible, though I grant you
>that it's existent.

By performance I meant server performance. If you're already using includes
on all those pages, then it won't make a difference, but if you don't have
them on for all those pages then you'll lose performance.

>The difference between <link> and an include, bandwidth-wise, is just about
>zero. Actually, the include would save you one line.

Well by include I understood including the entire style sheet (in <style>
tags) using SSI. That would waste bandwidth.

>SSI doesn't require the escaping of any characters, and won't interfere with
>code validity at all. It's done with a tag that looks like a comment, and
>the included file should also be written in valid html.

I think everybody here knows how SSI works :)

-- robin b.
Always remember you're unique just like everyone else.