Excluding a class from the universal selector?

From: Manos M. Batsis <manosb@profile.gr>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:04:39 +0200
To: <www-style@w3.org>

is there a way to do it with one rule?

-----Original Message-----
From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Daniel Glazman
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 5:35 PM
To: Manos M. Batsis
Subject: Re: help: styling a column with :first-child?

Manos M. Batsis wrote:

> Hallo,
> I'm trying to style every first TD in a table so I give:
>
> table tr:first-child{text-align:left;}

This selects all tr in a table that are also the first child of
their parent element, ie of a tbody tfoot or thead. Not cells.

The effect you are looking for can be achieved with the following
selector :

   td:first-child, td:first-child { ... }

</Daniel>
--
Daniel Glazman        Netscape Communications          Composer Team
http://people.netscape.com/glazman   #AIM:glazou2000  +33 1 41975746