Re: align="char"

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Christian Ottosson wrote:

> > >    TD { text-align: "." }
> > >
> > > http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html#column-alignment
> >
> > The style has to be applied to <TD> instead of <COL>, because
> > only a few column properties are inherited to cells, right?
>
> I don't think so. Shouldn't it be enough to write
>
> col.amount { text-align: "." }
>
> to align the col of class "amount"? "text-align" is inherited.

'text-align' is inherited to the children of the element. The <COL>
element has no children, it is an empty element.

There is no provision in CSS for column style resolution.

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'