css and a:visited problem...

From: Jason Manaigre <jmanaigre@iisd.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:40:26 -0500
To: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to css and have run into a problem.

I have a whole referenced to an external css file, no problems there.

I use a <a href="researchtools.htm" class="whitelinks">Research Tools</a> to
make some links white while other links in the rest of the page are brown.

Now, I want to change the visited links to say purple, so now all the links
change to purple (including the ones I have classes as white.)

I added :

A:Visited  {
	color: purple;
}

To change my visited links.

Is there a way to stop this from affecting my whitelinks?

Thanks people