Re: Behavior, scripts, CSS

Daniel Glazman  a écrit :

> Oh, by the way, I remember to the subscribers of this mailing-list
> that the web would never have reached the tremendous succes we all
> know ***without scripts coded in the document instance***. In the real
> world, the best solution is not always the purest. (Tantek, do you
> agree with that ?-)

How about this?

Some of the greatest "architectural/academic" sins are the reason why the
web is as popular and widespread as it is today.

 - TABLEs for formatting (or just say markup used for layout)
 - inline scripts and event handlers (as Daniel pointed out)
 - forms (ecommerce anyone?)

And as far as the best solution is not always the purest...

I suppose that depends on what you mean by "best" ;-)

but yes, I agree.

Tantek

Space monkey.                               http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/