RE: Behavior, scripts, CSS

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 10:38:41 -0400
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
At 04:16 PM 8/4/00 +0200, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
>Question of the day: In order to turn off the effects of BeCSS, do I
>turn off style sheets or scripting in my browser?

I'd vote either, for now.  Turning off scripts would turn off the scripting
engine, normally.  Turning off styles would turn off the style engine,
normally.  Seems like you need both of those for BeCSS to work.

I could see a three-way option on styles like:

All styles
Only behavior styles
No styles

For scripts, I don't think that makes sense, as people trying to turn off
scripting generally want it really off.

Good question!

Simon St.Laurent