RE: virus?

From: Jelks Cabaniss <jelks@jelks.nu>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:36:27 -0400
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Matthew Brealey wrote:

> function screw() {
> (To crash the system immediately, overwrite the swap file as well.)

> Thus, I believe it is possible to produce a CSS virus, which is not cool
> at all, particularly in view of the stuff in CSS1 about CSS not becoming
> a programming language (it didn't say CSS wouldn't become a virus, but I
> suppose that was obvious).

This is another good reason why the 'E' of BECSS should be dropped.  Do
"behaviors" in CSS syntax if you will, but as a *separate* entity.  Script does
not belong inside CSS, no matter how convenient in might be to script kiddies or
mass-market UA vendors wishing to avoid MIME issues.

Make it an extension to <script>, not to <style>.

IMO, of course.

/Jelks