RE: px vs. pt

From: Rowland Shaw <Rowland.Shaw@seagatesoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 12:37:43 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
"I'm sorry I couldn't use terms that EVERYONE would understand, but
basically: inches / cm / pt won't really work for images, because they'd get
translated to differing dpi, just like the fonts, and then we'd have
pixellated-looking scaled images. eeewwwww."

That's why I suggest some form of smart resizing -- it'd mean that a 72pt
high image would always be 72pt high (except with buggy OSs/UAs) and thus
line up with 72pt high text :)

AFAIK, no UA does smart scaling though, so I'm going to have to wait...