RE: Inverted text

From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:09:35 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
At 08:10a +0200 04/25/00, Peter Stark (ECS) didst inscribe upon an
electronic papyrus:
>With "inverted text" I meant that the text and background would
>change place: background color becomes text color and text color
>becomes background color.

Ah, a fg/bg "swap". But what if the background is an image?

>And I wanted to write something like this:
>
>a:link:focus, a:visited:focus {
>	text-decoration: invert;
>}
>
>But I could not find an "invert" property value in CSS.

Maybe some sort of color "operation" like XOR, etc.

   highlight-method: dim|reverse|exchange(url)|operand(color)

   highlight-operand: xor|and|or

   highlight-opacity: <percent>

I'm just brainstorming here -- I know Apple defined a whole bunch of
these things for QuickDraw (I think one's a BIC or something), so
this was not a complete list by any means, just a basic idea off the
top of my head. If someone here is familiar with what I'm referring
to, please correct me! ;)

-Walter