Re: Link Destination Pseudo-classes

Jelks Cabaniss a écrit :

> > >   *:protocol("mailto"):before { content : url(envelope.png) }
> >
> > Interesting. Looks more or less like an attibute selector maching the first
> > chars of the value of the attribute... I'd rather see in CSS the regexps
> > that some contributors to this list call for :-)
>
> How about possibly -- for consistency's sake -- some of the XPath functions,
> like starts-with(), contains(), substring(), substring-before(),
> substring-after(), etc.?  The substring* functions could used for content
> generation in :before and :after pseudo-elements.

See content pseudo-class [1] in W3C Selectors last draft. I agree that
we could do better than this, but I'm not sure that complex regexp are
a good solution. It is _a_ solution, not _the_. In particular because
regexp describe a condition, and because selectors do that job in CSS...

> Just a thought.  I also see that on the agenda for the next generation of XSLT
> is the possibility of regexp.  Keeping X* and CSS in any kind of sync in these
> areas might be akin to squaring (angle-bracketing?) circles, but where there's
> overlap of functionality, at least *exploring* overlap of technique won't hurt.

Hum. Good point.

> /Jelks

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors#content-selectors

</Daniel>