Re: shrink-wrap

From: Pierre Saslawsky <pierre@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 20:49:01 -0700
To: Joe Hewitt <joe@joehewitt.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Joe Hewitt wrote:

> Fixing this problem may be just as simple as specifying that the following
> combination: "position: absolute; display: inline; width: auto; height:
> auto", will result in a box which, though absolutely positioned, determines
> it's size the same way that a static/relative inline box would.  Currently,
> the display: inline is ignored, and the box is treated as block-level.

Your point is perfectly valid and some voices told me that the combination
you propose "width: auto; height: auto;" may soon be recognized to make an
absolutely positioned object shrink to its content (unless it is
overconstrained by top/bottom or left/right values).

--
Pierre Saslawsky <pierre@netscape.com>
French Style