Re: New Working Draft : BECSS

gordon wrote:

> > Ian Hickson wrote:

> > If BECSS becomes a Recommendation, how many authors do you think would do
> that?
> >
> > /Jelks
> >

> Authors/teams who are tasked with large sites would find it efficient to do
> so.  Those who work on small or personal sites are not likely to understand
> how to apply CSS 2 or 3 to documents in any case.

I do NOT believe this is true. I would argue that, while authors
tasked with large sites may understand the efficiency, they are also
the least likely to take the time to learn how to apply CSS2 or
CSS3 to documents. Their subordinates, or others who work on
"small or personal" sites, are MUCH more likely to comprehend and
apply CSS2 or CSS3 first. And before THEM, those I personally refer
to as the "technical housewives", i.e., those who have unlimited time
at home to learn new tech, will have mastered it. I guess what I'm
really saying is that I believe use of the standards grows from the
bottom up.

Rick J.
firespring@nfx.net