RE: Name for default value of border-color needed

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:20:32 -0700
To: "'L. David Baron'" <dbaron@fas.harvard.edu>, www-style@w3.org
>The first two statements above are still true.  However, the following
>must equal something (and it shouldn't be the empty string because that
>means the property was not set in the ruleset):
>
>rs.style.getPropertyValue("border-color")

I guess I'm not really convinced that the border-color value shouldn't be
the empty string.  You're forgetting there is more than one way to get the
border-color value in the CSS object model - you can call getPropertyValue,
which would return an object with an empty string if the color had indeed
been set.

I'm not objecting to your reasoning, you understand - but the idea that we
have to go back to a property that has been essentially unchanged since CSS1
and insert a new value and call it an errata, well, that's a bit of a pain
for developers IMO.

-Chris