Re: CSS and XSL properties - relationship

From: Christopher R. Maden <crism@exemplary.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:26:17 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org, xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
[Simon St. Laurent]
>I'd love to see a clear statement of how exactly the relationship between
>CSS and XSL is supposed to work.  Are both still independent ventures?
>It seems like it might be easier to develop a core formatting model group,
>which then gets expressed through CSS and XSL processing, than to have two
>groups working independently, but you never know.

There is a core formatting group, and there has been since mid- to late '98
at least (I don't remember when exactly it started).  Bert Bos, Martin
Dürst, Steve Zilles, and Stephen Deach are among the members.

Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Exemplary Technologies
One Embarcadero Center, Ste. 2405
San Francisco, CA 94111