Re: Column proposal in CSS-3 - Need for :column pseudo-class, etc.

From: Dmitry Beransky <dberansky@ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:01:40 -0700
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

>4. In conclusion, I think the existing specification
>is good, but it could do with the column-rule-draw and
>:column and :column(n) pseudo-class.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a situation where the final number of columns
is unknown to the author, but is decided by the UA on the fly.  This means
that there needs to be a way to at least select the last column
(:last-column?).  Would/should it be possible to use the last column as a
reference point and count backwards?

Regards
Dmitry Beransky