Text-transform: small-caps

From: Matthew Brealey <thelawnet@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:44:46 -0800 (PST)
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
I think this would be a good value for text-transform
in view of the fact that I don't always want to submit
myself to whatever nasty small-caps font the browser
chooses through font-variant: small-caps.

It would convert lowercase characters to slightly
smaller uppercase glyphs, but would leave uppercase
characters the same.

Thus instead of {font-variant: small-caps} I could use
{text-transform: small-caps; text-transform-family:
serif} or something along these lines (esp. given that
current font-variant implementations do what I have
described, except not allowing choice of font - I
don't want my small-caps in my body (sans-serif)
font.)

=====